Marijke Granier-Guillemarre founded MGG Legal in April 2010. She established the Ellint network in 2013.
Working in French, German and English, Marijke has extensive experience in the employment aspects of corporate reorganisations and labour relations in the context of these operations.
She assists French and foreign groups in relation to the buyout, reorganisation and sale of companies and advises foreign companies wishing to set up business in France.
She has gained considerable experience in employment matters in regulated state-owned companies.
Marijke also specialises in CSR, the prevention of employment risks and in officers’ liability, in particular during crisis or risk situation, as well as in optimising the remuneration of officers especially in the context of LBOs.
Her main clients come from the industrial, transport, metallurgy, IT, tourism and financial sectors.
She lectures as part of the Corporate Law Masters at the University of Tours. She regularly publishes articles on labour and employment law.
She is a member of the following associations: AvoSial, ACE (Avocats Conseil d’Entreprise), ABA (American Bar Association), Lancaster and EELA (European Employment Lawyer Association)
- Leading practitioner in Women in Business Law from 2017 to 2022
- MGG LEGAL: Founder and partner since 2010
- Sarrau Thomas Couderc (2006-2010) – Lawyer in charge of the employment law department (Partner from early 2008)
- DentonWildeSapte (2001-2005) – Associate
- Clifford Chance (2001) – Associate
- Bureau Francis Lefebvre (1997-2000) – Legal practitioner, then Associate
- Swearing in: March 1999
- Post-graduate diploma in law and employment relations practices
- (University of Montpellier)
- L.L.M in private law (Universität zu Köln, Deutschland)
- Qualified as a French “avocat” (Bar School – 1999)
- Languages: French, English, German
- Ce qu’il faut retenir de la réforme de l’assurance chômage (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, January 2020, n°199)
- Modalités de consultation du CSE en cas de modification juridique de l’entreprise (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, June 2020, n°204)
- Modalités de consultation du CSE et de licenciement collectif dans les entreprises en difficulté (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, September 2020, n°206)
- Vaccination contre la Covid-19: comment impliquer les représentants du personnel ? (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, January 2021, n°210)
- Quel est le rôle du CSE en cas de déménagement de l’entreprise ? (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, April 2021, n°213)
- Les relations de travail à l’épreuve du numérique (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, May 2021, n°214)
- En quoi consiste la RSE ? (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, July 2021, n°216)
- Partenaires sociaux : comment développer une stratégie verte ? (Cahiers Lamy du CSE, April 2022, n°224)
- Télétravail depuis l’étranger, comment anticiper et gérer les risques ? Réponses avec MGG Voltaire (Liaisons Sociales, 23rd March 2022)
Areas or Expertise
- Individual and collective labour law
- Corporate reorganisations
- Relations with trade unions and employee representatives
- Alternative forms of remuneration
- Private life and GDPR
- Employment criminal law
Social security law
- Legal 500
- Marijke Granier-Guillemarre is never too busy if you need her. She is highly experienced, very commercial and an excellent collaborator. (2021)
- Marijke Granier-Guillemarre is a clear leader in her field. She is incisive, clear, empathetic, responsive and technically excellent. (2020)
- The firm is managed by Marijke Granier-Guillemarre, who demonstrates a ‘real command of the international environment’. (2016)
- Leaders League – Décideurs Magazine (2021, 2022)
- Best Lawyers (2012 -2022)